Blogs and News - St George's School For Girls, Edinburgh
The Primary 1 girls have had a great start to school! Here are some of their highlights:
- I liked finding the treasure box in the ivy
- I like getting homework
- I liked learning about Greedy Zero and Penguin One because I like numbers
- I like playing in the playground
- I liked making the ants
- My favourite thing was learning and getting my homework
- I liked making my snake – it is green and purple
- My favourite things are gym and music
- My favourite thing is going to the Library because I like reading books
- I liked my snake
- I enjoyed doing the “a” sound – “apple” starts with “a” and so does “astronaut”
- I liked making the pirate hats
- I liked PE, especially making the statues when you had to stand on one hand and one foot
- I liked singing the sound songs and making the pirate hat
…and there is lots more to come!!
We have had an exciting start to Primary 2! We have enjoyed meeting our friends and teachers. We painted ladybirds to remind us about the number story of 10. For our topic about 'Toys,' we brought our favourite toys to school! We look forward to learning more about toys.
The Primary 3 girls are feeling very grown up now that they are upstairs! We have welcomed seven new girls into the year group and their shadows have done a great job of making them feel at home.
For the first time ever, the Primary 3 have started their swimming lessons in the autumn term and we all thoroughly enjoyed participating. We started the year by reading one of Roald Dahl's books, 'The Enormous Crocodile', and painted our own enormous crocodiles to show our knowledge of number bonds to 20. We look forward to more Roald Dahl activities this term including celebrating Roald Dahl’s birthday on Thursday 13 September.
The Primary 4 girls have all settled well into the new classroom routines and have enjoyed the new mix of classes in their first week of Primary 4. We are very pleased to welcome several new girls into the year group and it is lovely to see friendships beginning to blossom. The girls have already been working hard on holiday presentations, acrostic poems and made a start to sketch books in Art. Our P.E. department has started the term with a variety of different P.E. skills and everyone in P4 has started to learn a little French.
We are all looking forward to a great session ahead.
During our first week in Primary 5, we have been very busy welcoming lots of new girls to St George’s and getting used our responsibilities at the top of Junior School. We have been taking visitors on tours of our school- a very important aspect of being a Primary 5 girl! We have also elected representatives for our committees and Houses. To earn these responsibilities, we presented ‘pitches’ for these roles and completed group challenges during outdoor learning. In class, we are enjoying learning about mapping and are really looking forward to our first trip where we will be climbing Scald Law - the highest peak in the Pentlands!