Blogs and News - St George's School For Girls, Edinburgh
The 1 November was a glorious sunny day and Primary 5 had a very exciting art trip to Jupiter Artland. We had guided tours and looked at, and talked about the sculptures by Jupiter Artland artists, as well as thinking about the relationship between art and nature.
After lunch, we enjoyed a workshop in the Woodland classrooms inspired by the art we had seen and curriculum projects on Scottish trees and Natural Connections. Our workshop involved making 'journey sticks' from materials that we gathered. Back at school, we are working on imaginative art proposals which we would like to send to Robert and Nicky Wilson at Jupiter Artland.
Here are a selection of responses:
- “My favourite part was the wonderful ‘Light pours out of me’ by Anya Gallacio. The materials she used were purple and white amethysts.” Carolina
- “I loved making the journey sticks because you could pick materials to reflect every place you saw.” Mariam
- “I loved the Stone House by Andy Goldsworthy. It was amazing because you did not know what was inside it and you looked inside and it was a surprise.” Charlotte
- “I loved the crystal cave with the purple amethyst and obsidian around its edges.” Isla
- “I loved the ‘Rose Walk’ by Pablo Bronstein because of its structure against the beautiful roses.” Lily
- “One of my favourite sculptures was ‘Suck’ by Anish Kapoor because it really made me wonder, think and imagine.” Camilla