Blogs and News - St George's School For Girls, Edinburgh
On Thursday 26th January, Primary 2 visited the Glasgow Science Centre as part of our Food Glorious Food topic. The purpose of the trip was to learn about digestion and so we went to a workshop called 'Journey Through My Body'.
We were reminded about words like ‘oesophagus’ and ‘intestine’ and were surprised to find out that our stomachs are higher up than we thought!
- My favourite part was when we did the intestine race. Sophie W
- I enjoyed the Journey through my body. Audrey
- I enjoyed the show about food in our body. Ellie
- I enjoyed learning that your stomach is not down there but is up here! Serena
- My favourite part of the Glasgow Science Centre was when they talked about the stomach and used the bag. Beth O
We also spent some time in the Science Mall in our groups. Here are some of our favourite things:
- My favourite part was when I was playing in the water area. Loshe
- My favourite part at the Glasgow Science Centre was the human hamster wheel. Hannah
- My favourite part was going in the pirate ship. Sadie
- My favourite part was when we were playing with the invisible harp. Saskia
- At the Glasgow Science Centre, my favourite bit was the dance floor because it was fun. Georgie
What a great day we had!