About Us » Distance Learning Portal
St George's Learning Portal
As part of our commitment to using technology to support and enhance your daughter's education, we maintain subscriptions to a number of services that may be of use to your daughter. This information is shared with your daughter at the appropriate point in the curriculum. All of these services are available at no additional charge, and we encourage you and your daughter to make full use of them.
Distance Learning resources
- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- One Note's Class Notebook is used by some teachers to share classwork and homework
- Yammer and Teams are used to communicate with classes and groups
- Portal for browsing the library catalogue, searching for recommendations and book lists
- Britannia (online encyclopedia)
- The Day (daily news digest)
- Borrow Box (e-books and audiobooks)
- Performances of core curricular texts eg 'Macbeth', 'An Inspector Calls'
- A vast repository of film and television resources
- Support for mathematical work
- Support for science, mathematics and modern languages
- Support for students taking national examinations
Focus on Sound
- Support for students taking music as a national examination
- Support for IT students
- A variety of sites are used for different languages to support students at different stages
Want to find out more?
Parents can see the full list of distance learning resources and the login details in the password-protected Parent section of the website.