Nursery » Environment & Facilities
Learning Environment and Facilities at St George's Nursery
Nursery Environment and Facilities
The nursery is an integral part of St George’s Junior School on a 15 acre parkland site. Girls and boys have plenty of space to move around indoors as well as outside.
- Specialist pre-school accommodation housed within a wing of the Junior School.
- There are six playrooms over two floors with a large wooden play house, art area, baking, dressing-up, messy play and more. French windows give immediate access to spacious outdoor purpose-built play areas.
- Extensive outdoor play areas with adventure play equipment (fantastical forest, wild woods, secret garden and fort, Junior School playground and school playing fields).
- Access to whole school facilities: music school with auditorium, specialist music and art rooms, library, the 'Discovery Room', general-purpose mirrored hall for PE, dance and ballet.
- Daily use of the St George's Centre - our whole school dining facilities where we encourage good eating habits and healthy eating with a 'family service'.
- All nursery facilities are located on one spacious campus, so there is no need for lengthy journeys to sports playing fields or any school facilities.
Outdoor adventure play areas at St George’s Nursery School
Our outdoor adventure areas offer exciting opportunities for adventure play and environmental learning where nursery children can climb trees, plant vegetables and learn about nature.