About Us » Campus & Facilities
Our Campus and Facilities
Set among beautiful parklands on a single site campus, St George’s provides an excellent learning environment in the west of the City of Edinburgh. It is set in 15 acres of attractive landscaped grounds in the highly desirable leafy suburbs of the Ravelston and Murrayfield residential areas of the city.
There are three distinctive parts of the campus: the Junior School, which also houses the Nursery, the Lower School on the Lansdowne Site and the Upper School (which includes Sixth Form Secondary 5 - Secondary 6).
The school moved to its present site in 1914 into a purpose built building designed by the architect Balfour Paul. Our buildings combine traditional and modern design to support a dynamic, innovative and high quality learning environment for our whole community.
Key facilities include: science laboratories, music centre including auditorium, art and textiles centre, drama studios, indoor sports hall and astroturf, ICT and design technology centre, food technology centre and cafeteria-style catering facilities as well as a multi-purpose venue for special events and celebrations.