Careers Round-up November 2018
Parents have a hugely influential role when advising young people on their future career.
The world of work is changing and there are now more options than ever for students such as going to university, starting an apprenticeship or combining both through higher apprenticeship/sponsored degrees.
TARGETcareers has recognised the importance of helping parents to support their children in making these key decisions and have created a guide specifically for them. Paths to Professional Careers – a Parent’s Guide provides a range of information from which route is best financially to helping young people transition to university.
We have given some handy text below to introduce parents to this guide. We would very much appreciate it if you are able to pass this onto the parents of students at your school. Please just copy and paste the text below to do so.
- The world of apprenticeships
- Which routes are best financially
- Where your child will flourish
- Researching employer programmes
- Helping your child transition to uni
- Plus guides on how to get into different sectors such as finance, business, engineering and IT!
The publication is completely free to access and you can find a copy by clicking on the link below: