Blogs and News - St George's School For Girls, Edinburgh
After receiving a very warm welcome to Lower School...
We were split into 3 groups. The group that I was in were doing two activities – food tasting and science. Both were really fun.
We started with science. We were making a beautiful rainbow of colours from just food colouring, salt and water. We put the food colouring and water in a tube and then added salt, depending on how much the recipe said it needed. Red needed lots, yellow needed a little bit less, green needed barely any and blue needed no salt at all.
We used a special tool that allowed us to suck up all the mixture and then we squeezed it all out (very carefully), until we had a beautiful rainbow of colours.
Next, we had food tasting. In this we had to compare very different fruits and decide which was the
- Most juicy
- Most sour
- Most hard
- Most soft
- Most sweet
The fruits were:
For me, the pear was the hardest and the orange was the sourest.
Aside from having a very warm welcome and a lot of fun, I don’t think our visit could have got any better.
But I wasn’t the only person who went on the trip…
Other girls said…
- I loved science because we did so many experiments with chemicals.
- I liked the visit because everybody was very nice and welcoming and there were lots of fun activities to do.
- I liked science – it was really cool!
- I liked the visit because I saw my cousin a lot there - so I’m really excited to go!
- I liked the science activity – mixing the colours into a rainbow.
By Anne, P5Z