Blogs and News - St George's School For Girls, Edinburgh
St George’s School for Girls is delighted to be hosting the inaugural Model UN conference over 5-6 October 2019.
We will be debating current issues regarding international relations and international problems, with the usual blend of serious discussion and high level of fun. We will have experts in the field of international relations and politics to present current research on the issues up for debate. The committees will be:
- Security Council
- Political Committee
- ECOSOC Committee
- Human Rights’ Committee
- Women’s Rights’ Committee.
- World Health Organisation
Delegations will consist of five students (six for a Security Council delegation).
We are also open to students from other schools to guest chair, and you can indicate on the registration form to express interest for doing so.
What is the schedule for the conference?
- 09:30-10:00 Arrival and registration
- 10:00-10:30 Opening ceremony
- 10:30-12:30 Committees in Session
- 12.30-13.30 Staggered lunch
- 13:30-16:00 Committees in Session
- 16:00 Free time
- 19:00-21:30 Evening Event
- 10:00-11:30 Committees in session
- 11:30-13:00 General Assembly Preparation (including lunch)
- 13:00 – 14:30 General Assembly
- 14.30-15:00 Closing Ceremony & Awards
Where is the conference taking place?
The conference will take place at St George’s School for Girls, Garscube Terrace, Edinburgh EH12 6BG.
We are a fifteen minutes’ walk from Haymarket Station, and have excellent transport links to the school.
How to register?
Please complete the registration form on the link below. Note that delegations are comprised of five pupils, and six for the Security Council. The cost is £30 per delegate.
Country preferences will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.