Blogs and News - St George's School For Girls, Edinburgh
In Big Owls, we are learning how to use the magic of kindness with our friends! During the last weeks we have been talking about how to be good friends and how to show our loved ones that we care for them. The words ‘love’ and ‘help’ came up many times in our conversations. We saw girls helping each other put their shoes on and zip up their jackets. We heard girls asking, “Do you want to play with me?” and witnessed friends giving each other hugs!
So, what makes a great friend?
• Spend time together
• Take turns and share
• Care for each other
• Be kind to each other
• Respect each other's differences
• Even best friends need some time to be alone or with other friends
• Listen to what your friends are saying
• Look friendly and be friendly - and others will be friendly to you
• Handle conflict - by being clear about what you want and how you will compromise
• Be honest about your feelings
• Be aware of others' feelings - think before you speak
• HAVE FUN!