Blogs and News - St George's School For Girls, Edinburgh
Football club is a club where you can play really fun games learn skills with a ball. The football club is on Tuesday afternoons after school and we play on the school playing fields. Mr Dunlop is our coach and referee.
This term we have learned:
- to tackle an opponent
- to dribble the ball and change direction with the ball
- to play proper games and how to score goals.
- We have done some goalkeeping practice, remembering to use your hands or any part of your body!
- we have also learned how to pass the ball to players in our own team.
- We have played a few football matches and recently had a game between P4X and P4Y, which was a very exciting 0 - 0 draw.
- We get to swap around different positions each week so that we are not always a goalkeeper or defender.
- This week we practised shooting at goal It is harder than it looks!