Blogs and News - St George's School For Girls, Edinburgh
As part of our 'Food, Glorious, Food' topic, Primary 2 visited Pizza Express and made their own pizzas.
We looked at the ingredients and even tried some! We looked at the irreversible change when the pizza dough is cooked in the oven.
The P2 girls said:
- I learnt how to make a pizza. it was vere ese to make. first we put are pines on. And our hats on. then we had to knead some dough. then we prest the dough in the pan then we put some tomato on. then we put some cheese on. Shania
- My favourite part was when I made a smiley face on my pizza with cheese. I had a grait time. Lucy
- I learnt that yeast riseis when you put the pizza in the oven becasue the water and sugar helps the yeast rise. Beth
- My favourite part was coming back to school and eating the pizza. Sadie
- I learnt that a pizza oven is 4 tims hotter than a kettle. Amelia
- I learnt some new tastes of some new foods such as goats cheese and capers. I wasn't sure of them. Audrey
- My favourite part was when I made the pizza becasue it was fun making the dough becasue we made a big loud drum noise and I liked putting the tamato passata sauce because we sperede it in the middle of the dough. Beatrice
- I learnt that there is a cinde of pepper that is sweet and a bit spisy called a peppadew. it is verey nice. Sophie
- I learnt that pizza Express started in 1965. Georgie
It was a fantastic trip and all the girls enjoyed eating their pizza for their lunch.