Blogs and News - St George's School For Girls, Edinburgh
On Friday, we all came to school dressed as one of the characters from the Katie Morag books. We had lots of Katie Morags, a Mrs McColl, some Fabbydoos (the family cat), some Granma Mainlands and Miss Peat came as Grannie Island. Our costumes were amazing!
During the day we read two of the stories and talked about what kind of person Katie Morag is. We came up with lots of WOW words to describe her.
Next, we went to the Fantastical Forest and collected two sticks each. These were going to be our clock hands. Then we went to the playground and drew large clock faces with chalk. We then had to put the clock hands to show various times. Next we had to organise Katie Morag’s day by sequencing her daily activities. We had to look out for ‘am’ and ‘pm’!
In the afternoon we coloured in a large Katie Morag and designed and made a tartan kilt for her to wear.
The whole day was a great start to our topic on mapping and the British Isles and looking at life on an island compared to city life.
Here are some of the comments from Primary 2:
- I enjoyed making the words to describe Katie Morag. Ellie
- On Katie Morag Day I enjoyed collecting sticks to make clock hands. Sadie
- I enjoyed drawing the clocks on the playground. Neve
- I enjoyed when we were sticking things on a piece of paper to show what Katie Morag does in her day. Georgie
- I loved all the games and dressing up and I loved seeing all the nice costumes. Ghorgie
- I enjoyed when we went outside and we made clocks and we were asked to show a time. Sasha